Organic Hojicha (Roasted japanese green tea) 50g
This organic hojicha ( ほうじ茶) is made from organic green tea grown in the mountains of Yame, Fukuoka prefecture, Japan.
As you may know, hojicha is roasted green tea. Roasting it transforms the sweet, delicate and refined goodness of green tea into something completely different.
It’s bold and earthy in both flavor and aroma and is the perfect way thing to sip during or after dinner or with your favorite dessert.
It lends itself well to both hot and cold brewing methods which makes it a great year round tea.
Its low caffeine levels make this tea a perfect choice for a late-afternoon brew.
50 grams is enough to brew roughly 20 cups of tea (120 mL per cup).
Each Bag is Just $15
Instructions for brewing hojicha
1. Put 10g of tea leaves for 2 cups of tea in a teapot (with a wire mesh filter).
2. Bring water to a boil. Quantity for 2 teacups : 240ml (8 oz) of water
3. Pour the water into your teapot, close the lid and allow the tea to brew for at least 30 seconds. Do not stir.
4. Make sure to take a few seconds to enjoy the aroma as the leaves brew and once again as you drink the tea.
5. You can rebrew the tea leaves 2-3 times depending on your tastes and preferences. And in warmer months, this makes a refreshing cold brew tea as well!